Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 16...I Think

Hi! I'm sure most of you (if not all of you) are bored to tears of this travel journal by now. So if you are actually reading this - I'm very impressed!

For the sad news: we said goodbye to the beach.

For the happy news: we are done with our nine programs!!! Our last program was at a nice little church in Winston, OR. Some of us celebrated in the church basement after everyone was gone =)

Yesterday we went on a Wildlife Safari and saw animals and camels. Today we traveled through the giant Redwood trees of California. And tomorrow we hit the road again - but this time for home!

You know you're on PR if:
  • you eat all the time. You're not hungry, but you still eat because people make lots of good food. And because you're bored in the van.
  • you're sick. But you have to screech and attempt to sing anyway.
  • everyone yells and cheers when you hear you have more time to get ready for church than you thought.
  • you've been gone 16 days and slept in 11 different places.
I'm ready to be home. It has been good. Full of surprises, fun, stretching, and blessings. But even though I'm not exactly sure, I think "Bob" is shrinking.

-- A photo shoot on the beach with the lovely ladies on this trip --



Frieda and I on a camel - thrilling =)


Blessings to you all!
Teresa <><

8 comments:

  1. Just so you know I read the last post. It was not boring. I love the beautiful ladies on the beach. I would love hearing more about the celebration. Exactly how did you celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted you to know that I was not bored to tears....! Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I'm glad someone is reading this blog =) As to the party...should I tell? Actually we set up our ever-trusty projector in the church basement, brought out the mountain dew and snacks...and watched a movie on the big screen =D Some of us almost fell asleep - but it was a good "end of PR trip party"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so you know, I also was not bored--I actually was check your blog all the time! :) In fact, I've learned that even if I check it right before I go to bed, there is a good chance that there will be a new post in the morning! :) I LOVE all the great pictures--especially the beach ones--very pretty! Have a great Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gr8 beach pics! so how many days do you have left?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Teresa,
    I have just read your posts fromt he start of your trip until this one. I was not bored to tears either...haha :) It was actually interesting. Sounds like a fun trip. I really lie the girl pictures in this post...beautiful! :) One question: what does the PR stand for? Maybe I'm dumb, but I can't think of what it's supposed to stand for. Hope you have a safe trip home! Your "shrinking van" sounds like ours when we are on furlough...except that with three months of travel, ours shrinks a lot more. :)

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh oh oh!!! I love the black and white picture of the three of ya'll on the beach! :-)

    And just FYI, I read all of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hannah - You're not dumb - a lot of people ask what PR means =D PR stands for *Public Relations*. And public relating we did!

    ReplyDelete