Saturday, December 5, 2009

Counting my Blessings

There were fourteen blessings sitting around our stretched-out dining room table the past ten days. Many talks, laughs, and loud chorus' of "Johnny Appleseed" happened there.

We were sad when Milford & Joyce and their family left this morning.

It was wonderful to have them here this Holiday season! We played games, put three puzzles together, laughed, talked, ate, downed the hot drinks, shopped, watched movies (when we were too tired to do anything else), sang Christmas carols, explored the town for Christmas lights, gazed at the snow falling, took family pictures (twice), and enjoyed "togetherness"- I am so blessed!

Thanks Yoder family for coming! You are very special people in my life!

I don't have many pictures (are you surprised?) - I wish I had more. But here are the few I have...



(add a caption for this one in the comment box...I would like to see what you come up with =)


I think Nichole was ready to "just eat the food already"! =)


Londa & Monica working on one of their projects

*Games*

How unspeakably the lengthening of memories in common endears our old friends!
- George Eliot

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
- Marcel Proust

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and discover they were big things.
- unknown

Cherish the Blessings God has put in your life! <><
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a good time we did have! We are very blessed to have such wonderful cousins, uncle and Aunt!
    Caption: "You can eat this but that is all mine."
    Thanks for posting all the horrible pictures of me...NOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting pics. Made me wish I could have been there. Thanks for the reminder to cherish the times with family - we never know how long we will have them with us.

    ReplyDelete