One thing God keeps taking me back to over and over again the past month is hope. Hope in His complete goodness. Hope in His promises. In the midst of everything else He continually reminds me to hold on to hope.
He has done this different ways. Often it is through His Word. Like the time in Laos when I could identify with the Psalm that says, “Why are you cast down, oh my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God. For I shall yet praise Him - the help of my countenance and my God.”
Lyrics in songs have reminded me to hope. Hope for restoration. Hope rising like stars when day is dimming. Hope to hearts that have hopelessly lost the way.
Hope finds freedom in total surrender.
Hope rests in the steadfast love of the Father.
Hope believes.
Hope trusts.
Hope takes up the cross knowing that one day Glory will be totally revealed and worship completely pure and blameless.
“Hi, Teresa!” was my four year old sister’s cheery voice. She held a stack of ‘In a Pickle’ cards - a kid’s game that uses vocabulary words. “Do you need one of these?” She quipped.
“Sure! Thanks!” I said as she thrust a card into my hand with a “Here-ya-go!” and closed the door with a “See-ya-later!”
Random? Yes. Or maybe not…
I flipped the card over and in bold, black print was a single word –
HOPE.
[Cool, huh? I think I get the memo. :) ]
[Cool, huh? I think I get the memo. :) ]
Teresa, i like this, it's one word we can hang on too, when it feels like our world is falling apart,we still Hope because of Christ,
ReplyDeleteGod's familiar presence is my Hope,
keep sharing, you are an inspiration!