Monday, March 18, 2013

180 Movie [ millions of little flames ]


I'm sure many have watched the 180 Movie...but I did for the first time the other night.

It left me in much the same kind of horror and silence as walking through the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum in Israel last April. When we toured it a year ago, it was one of the few days our normally energetic and talkative families could hardly speak.

I will never forget one building there in particular - the Children's Memorial. It's a dark room lit only with candles reflecting against mirrors to look like millions of shining stars. These flickering lights represent the children who perished in the holocaust. The names and ages of the children were continually being read. There were no words as we walked through this dimly lit darkness.



I remembered this memorial as we watched the 180 Movie and wondered what it would look like to light a candle for each precious soul killed in abortion.

I'm sure there would be no words.



{Our baby is nearing 19 weeks. We continue to be awed at the precious miracle and gift of life. Thank you, Jesus}

3 comments:

  1. So moving!! Thanks Teresa for prompting these tears. Tears of grief for the babies unborn, but tears of joy for the grandbaby on it's way!!!
    - Dad W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks...grandbaby on it's way will be glad to meet you :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful tribute to the many lost babies/children! -Carita

    ReplyDelete