You are deathly quiet and your heart is pounding too loud. But they won't find you - because you've got the best hiding spot. You remember the place. It was your favorite (until everyone figured out that's where you always hide and spoiled it for you). I used to think the dryer would be fantastic for hide and seek games, but I was informed otherwise. :)
Are there times that you want to run and hide? In this journey of life there have been many times that I wished for a literal shell to crawl into and wait out the storm. But guess what - I have the best hiding place.
You are a hiding place for me; You, Lord, preserve me from trouble, You surround me with songs and shouts of deliverance. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! Psalm 32:7
This beautiful verse brought hope to my heart this week when certain situations seemed too overwhelming. Can you think of a better place to cozy up and hide than under the wings of the Almighty? A following verse in Psalm 32 says that those who trust in the Lord will be surrounded by mercy.
Preserved. Surrounded by songs and shouts of deliverance. Surrounded by mercy. What beautiful promises for us amidst a troubled world.
Where's your secret hideout?
Thanks Teresa I needed that reminder!!
ReplyDelete