Love hurts. Simple as that.
I can vividly remember that cool winter night at prayer meeting four years ago when we first heard that there was a little "Arab boy" to be born in March. And even though I knew how much it hurts to love and then let go - I also knew this boy of part Jordanian descent had a special, anointed call on his life - and that we were supposed to be a part of it. For whatever reason I also decided not to become too attached but I can still remember when the nurse showed us the black-haired little bundle that I completely lost my heart.
For the first two years Isreal's life was unsettled. He spent some time with his mom in - but at least a week, if not more, out of every month with us. Two years ago he came to live with us indefinitely.
In those two years he had very little contact with his mom, by her choice, but one day last month she called demanding him back by the next. She had made threats like this before - so that Sunday afternoon when it actually happened found us all in tears of disbelief and heartache.
I cannot express to you the heart-wrenching agony of forcibly sending him into a very dark place - where the light and hope of Jesus is needed so desperately. To a place where his mother is not living a God-honoring life but rather chooses that of sin and destruction. A life that is not nurturing and loving to precious Isreal.
We know so little of what a day is like in Isreal's life. No other children. No back yard to run in on a sunny day. Just a mother who has had him little in this past month and gave him to the care of others who also do not know Jesus.
But Isreal knows Jesus. And every night he cannot go to bed without praying. Before he left we implored him to never forget that Jesus is always with him, no matter where He is.
When I first talked to him on the phone the first question out of his mouth was "Teresa, are you crying?" and then last week when we had him for a weekend visit he privately confided to me that he cries all the time and that he doesn't want to go back to that place.
Yes, little brother, I am crying. My heart is crying. My tears are flowing. Because love hurts. But Jesus is taking care of me. And I want to cling to the promise that He is taking care of you...even though I don't understand why it has to be this way. The day after you left mom pulled a verse out of a dish a friend had given filled with little promises from God - and it said "indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep." (Psalm 121:4) What a precious promise that even though you are in a place that doesn't honor Jesus, Jesus is still watching over you.
Would you, my warrior friends, join us in praying. We sensed since his birth, and numerous people also expressed this, a special calling from the Lord on His life to proclaim Hope and Grace to a lost and hurting world. But it hurts so much - love hurts.
Love hurt 2,000 years ago too as It took on the sins that have scarred the world that Isreal and you and I live in. And it is that Love that I am claiming to cover our precious little guy.
Please ask the Father how to pray so that LOVE may heal a broken world.
Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When God restores His captive people, Let Jacob rejoice, let Israel be glad. Psalm 53:6
Teresa,I'm not qwite shure what to say. with this whole situation,to anyone who ask's. We can defently feal everyone's prayers lifting us! BLESS YOU ALL!
ReplyDeletewow, I can't imagine what you and your family are going through right now. How precious to know, though, that God has a perfect plan and everything turns out for good, even though at the time, it really HURTS! May God be your strength during this time!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been and will continue to keep him and ya'll in my prayers. Love ya!!
ReplyDeleteWow! I can just imagine what it feels like. I definently understand that love hurts --- I'ce experienced it before in slightly different ways. I am praying for you all. I didn't know that's the kind of situation you all are in. That was so cool though, the verse your mom came to in that thing about Isreal. I have also experienced God bringing just the right verses at just the right times. How hard it must be to know how to comfort him. Reamind him (Israel) of the verse that has become very dear to me: Psalm 68:5 about God being father to the fatherless. I will keep praying. And I pray that God will bring you closer to His heart as you and your family experiences these broken dreams and the pain of love. I love you too. I will also pray for Israel...oh, what it must be like for him. Pray that he will remember the God of his youth as Moses did when he left his family to go live in the palace. He never forgot what he had learned from his family. Use the few chances you have now --- there may be no more! Jesus hurt for us. Experienceing pain helps me to see his love more clearly. May it do so for you too.
ReplyDeleteBecause of His love,
Hannah Ruth