I thought a little update on Isreal might be in order. He has been back with us for several days now - "for a visit". His mom was evicted from her apartment and didn't have a place to go that he could go with her. She told mom on the phone before he was planning to come that the worse case scenario would be for him to come back to us - but then when mom picked him up she commented that in times like these you find out who your real friends are.
He was sleeping when they got there and when he woke he told them, "I have been waiting and waiting for you to come get me." And it was so precious to hear him pray last night, "Thank you that I can be with my family." AMEN! This big sister can sleep better knowing he is safely tucked in bed upstairs! :)
But my heart continues to ache for his future is still looks uncertain - but certainly in the hands of the Father. Please continue to cover Him in prayer. I know you have been! My heart breaks for the dear children, like Isreal, who live such confusing and difficult lives. But I also know we serve a God who has already won the victory and has a special place in His heart for children!
We enjoyed almost a week with Grandpa & Grandma Brenneman. They got the many little odd jobs done that we seem to store up for them every year :) Grandma delivered my comforter that she made for my graduation last year. A unique feature is that all the squares are made from dresses I had when I was a little girl. How fun is that! Thank you Grandma for the hours of work you put into it!
I'm still not sure about this whole blogging thing. Tis a task to think of things to post! But some of you have expressed a lot of encouragement - so I shall press on :)
Have a refreshing weekend all! May you experience Him as your Well of Salvation - where you can always go to drink when you are thirsty! <><
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. Isaiah 12:3,4
What a special quilt --- and from a special person too. Your grandma sure did a great job!
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear that Israel gets to be back with you all for a while, and it definitely is encouraging to hear his attitude toward you all and his heavenly Father is as it is. I was wondering, what do you know about his father? Were his parents ever married? Or is that something you can't say. Just wondering.
Yes, it is extremely sad the situaions SO many precious, young souls are in. We love them, but it's the love that hurts. We wish we could do whatever it takes to rescue each and every one of them...and yet, we realize we are powerless in ourselves to accomplish so great a task.
So we cry out to our Father. We can at least do that much. And we can thank God for each of the little opportunities God gives us to help even one little life. We can thank God for what He has done so far. For example, all the people who have given time and energy to reach our to these children and parents who are in these situations...for all the children whose lives were saved before birth because of the wise and loving care that their single mothers were given after "unplanned" conceptions. Many children coming from broken homes or no home at all have now foumd loving Christian homes and have been drawn unto Christ's love. For these I thank the Lord.
I will continue to pray for you and your family...and especially for Israel and his mother. May the peace of Christ fill your mind and heart today.
Keep looking up! :)