were the statements of a speaker as he captivated the attentive EXCEL class. I agreed with him - and as I began the New Year those words, simple yet profound, have run through my head over and over again.
I am longing for more of Jesus - for who He truly is - and allow Him be the answer to all of my questions.
I'm not one for posting words to songs - but if I would have thought of this one --- I would have written it because it describes my prayer so well!
Just Give Me Jesus
Jared Anderson & Ross Parsley
Chorus: Just give me Jesus and I'll be all right.
With Him I can make it walking beside.
I know my tomorrows are safe in His hands
Just give me Jesus I know I can stand.
vs. 1 So many distractions seem to cloud my way
All the cares of life surround me
And lead my heart astray
When I cannot find the answers
I know someone Who can
So in the middle of my questions
I reach for His hand.
And confusion starts to win
When worries overwhelm me
And the battle reaches in
In that moment I remember
I know whose I am
And when the enemy comes rushing
I reach for His hand.
vs. 3 We are servants of the King
And our future is secure
A crown of life is waiting
For all who will endure
When I stand before my Savior
And He reaches out to me
I lay all my crowns before Him
And fall to my knees.
Lord Jesus, free us from the distractions and fears that keep us from passionately and fully pursuing You. <><
Thank you so much for sharing that! You have been *such* an example to me! Hugs!
ReplyDelete