Hi there faithful blog readers! I thought I would just take a minute while I have Internet to update you on our trip South.
We left about a week and a half ago. Our first stop was in KS. It was great to spend time with cousins and friends there. A few highlights were: a PR program at Word of Life church, shopping with Aunt Alma & Anja, surprising a friend at her work, and of course spending time with cousins who tend to enjoy staying up until the wee hours of the morning. We weren't there long - but made some memories! =D
Since then we have been in SC staying at Grandpa's for the most part and having more late nights with cousins (why do we do it to ourselves anyway?). We enjoyed a day out shopping, a girls excursion to Subway and then the park & thrift store, a slumber party, knotting a comforter for Grandma, and meeting my new little cousin, Nakita. It brings back a lot of memories of when we spent two months here a year and a half ago.
I've also enjoyed some reading too as life isn't as busy here as at home. I'm reading One Night with the King, about Queen Esther. Esther (in this fictional book) was very focused on pleasing the King and not herself. One thing that struck me thus far is that even though her year of preparation seems like a long time to us - is that not the same thing we are doing? Is not our entire life perhaps preparation for the single moment we will face to face behold the King of Kings? We can be "in His presence" now - but face to face will be so much more indescribably incredible. It filled me with a prayer to the King to begin to prepare me now for the day I will be forever in His glory and to become the kind of person Esther was - pleasing and loved in the Kings sight.
Remember - we are here today, in the Kingdom, for such a time as this. <><
No comments:
Post a Comment