Thursday, July 16, 2009

To Do

Has this blog been neglected? Yes it has. Is it because life isn't exciting? No, life is very exciting right now. Someday I will tell you all about it =D But for now I think I will entertain you with the To Do List Kelci and I made as we were trying to plan for today this morning:

:: Clean the camper
:: Clean up outside
:: Clean the porch
:: Clean upstairs bathroom
:: Wash kitchen windows
:: Clean guest room
:: Pick tea
:: Clean kitchen
:: Our "thing"
:: Get out of bed
:: Smile
:: Frown
:: Get to work
:: Check e-mail
:: Put in video for children
:: Make a list of things to do
:: Half done with list

After the first half of this list Kelci got depressed and so she added things we could cross out. Crossing things out made us feel so much happier about life =) We got most of it done - and of course a bunch of other little things that we didn't take the time to write down so we could cross out. Tomorrow the annual Board of Directors meetings begin.

I wonder if in the craziness of life I sometimes miss way too much of the things that are really important. Like sitting by the pool with my younger siblings, reading inspiring books, writing long letters to friends, and sitting on the porch swing on a summer evening for no reason at all. Most of all I know that there could be more time in my life spent with my Creator: talking, listening, reading His Word, and delighting in Him.

Was "time with God" on your list today? <><


food for thought:
"It is a safe thing to trust God with the desire He has created." - Amy Carmichael




3 comments:

  1. I like your list - especially the things that can easily be crossed off. I am guilty of doing things like that. Crossing things off is sooo satisfactory. We do miss lots because we get caught up in what is urgent that we forget what is important. (that last comes from your dad)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always do that with my to do list too... lol Somehow it makes me feel better to check things off right away. :) Thanks for the post! : )

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see you alive again, Mother Teresa! You always have such great posts... thanks for the encouragement.
    (That sounds a LOT like our lists... we make a lot of lists...)
    Yours Truly
    Subito

    ReplyDelete