Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Awakening the Dawn

...I will
awaken the dawn.

Have you ever been in a place where the darkness, hopelessness, and emptiness was so overwhelming you felt you could reach out and touch it? And perhaps if you were brave enough you really could.

In many ways I feel I'm about to enter such a land as I prepare to once again leave for Asia this week. Oh, I know Asia is beautiful, exciting, and filled with interesting and friendly people. But wherever you are where Jesus is not, is darkness, hopelessness, and empty people.

Psalm 57 has been a favorite of mine recently - especially the phrase I will awaken the dawn. Isn't that a neat picture? =) But what is even more exciting is that I think it is a beautiful glimpse of God's heart as He puts Believers in dark, hopeless, and empty places: to call forth the Light. To awaken His glory in a place that is lost and longing for His presence.

Some of you have been asking about this trip - it happened quickly and you want to know how come, why me, and what I'm doing, right? =) Well for the first two I'll put it simply: God invaded my space. And when I was so desperatly trying to seek Him I found out He was in fact seeking me. All I could do was stand back in awe as I watched God do what He does best...make Himself look good =)

And as to what I'm doing. I really don't know =) I'm going with a team under DestiNations until the end of the month - helping with medical camps, children's ministry, and perhaps at an English/computer center. But I don't really know details. And then for the next two weeks I get to visit relatives and experience some of what God is doing through them in their sphere of influence.

I truly would appreciate you prayer warriors to pray God's hope, love, and glory will be revealed. <><

I will give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to You among the nations.
For Your lovingkindness is great to the heavens
And Your truth to the clouds.
Be exalted above the heavens, O God;
Let Your glory be above
all the earth.

[scriptures from Psalm 57:8b-11]

6 comments:

  1. Pinch me. Is it real? :-)

    What a great post.

    That thing of awakening the dawn is so cool. I had to think, it's not just that it awakens the dawn *around* you. It awakens the dawn *within* you! To see that light bursting forth within our heart and to gaze on His glory...that's what we were made for!

    -Anonymous Coward

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment - but I'm kind of wondering who this person is if you feel you can make yourself known =) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Teresa, i am so excited for you! Our Abba has an amazing plan for you and this is part of it...thanks for being willing to let His light shine through you; it's All about Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your encouragement, Cherie =) And yes, it is ALL about Him...it always has been since before time! I can't wait to see what He does through you, my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you said about seeking God desperately, only to find out that in reality he is the one seeking us. So, so true.

    Anyways, girl, I'm so excited for you about this amazing opportunity to go to Asia again! Will be thinking and praying for you. . . have a lovely trip!! blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the update... I'll be praying for you...
    "I will awake the dawn" is a great phrase. And a great reminder of what God can do. Thank you!
    Love ya,
    Subito

    ReplyDelete