Saturday, February 25, 2012

Facedown [and other upward thoughts]


There have been times it felt that God ushered me into His throne room and took me close to listen to what His heart was saying. My week in T Country Ch*na was one of those beautiful experiences.

There are a couple things that "take me back" every now and then. For one, flipping through scads of pictures. I never noticed the one above until today, and for some reason it captured my eye. I remembered. Not the yak-butter tea, long bus rides, spying monks, teal rain ponchos, granola bars, or getting out of breath rolling out our sleeping bags. I remembered what the Lord of the Harvest was saying as we overlooked those mountains.

The other moment today was as I was listening to the song Facedown by Matt Redman [it should be playing on my playlist on the bottom of this page if your volume is turned up]. For some reason it immediately "took me back." 

During our days traversing those majestic mountain hills we would sing and pray. And then we would sing and pray some more to the Lord of the Harvest. As He showed us His power and glory, worship echoed through the valley. 

We would meet people. Old men and ladies spinning prayer wheels, esteemed monks, hard-working parents, giggling children, and desperate teens. This special unreached people group seemed to innocently inch their way into our hearts. 

I remember one day, when we were praying under a canvas of clear, blue sky, I saw a picture of the children of the valley dancing in a circle before the throne of their King, the Lord of the Harvest. They were joyful, they belonged, and they loved Him. As I listened to this song - I remembered. It is the destiny of this people group to fall face down in the presence of His glory. It is our destiny. It is His promise. 

Please pray for them.

Today, when I looked at this picture and listened to this song, I thought awesome. When I'm someday ushered into the courts of the Highest One...I don't think that word will cover it. <><



Coming Soon to this Blog (depending on your definition of soon):
One day when we are ushered into the courts of the King it will be filled and bursting with His presence, with angels, everything else we imagine it to be in our limited understanding, and so much more. And there will also be people. People from every nation. 

People have impacted my life. I want to dedicate some coming posts to people - not the ones that have been with me all my life (I could write a book about each one of them!)...but the people that have brushed past in a single moment and shown me their Creator God. 

[editors note: Teresa does not know if anyone reads this blog, thinks this blog is interesting, or sees it as painfully boring...but it is more to help her think about the lessons, gifts, and moments of life and brag on the God who gives it all.] 


2 comments:

  1. Great post, Teresa. It took ME back... It is their destiny..just as ours.. that's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and love it. God has used your last couple posts to speak to me. Thanks for listening and following Him. God bless

    ReplyDelete