Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Our Sunday Evening Walk

Sunday evening we took a long walk...thought you might like to come along. :) 

The first picture is one of my goals for 2015. I want to take a picture of this scene every month this year. Right now it doesn't look fantastic...but sometimes it's gorgeous. I don't know if I'll really be able to capture it on camera. My favorite time is when the rice is just starting to come up and the water glistens in the setting sun. I grew up in a town, and I'm a city girl at heart. But I have been intrigued seeing the rice fields grow. It's a peaceful, beautiful thing to watch. We've seen the whole cycle now, and it's just starting over again.







we are having gorgeous weather right now!

love visiting these little shops



these fly very close over our house...much to a little boys delight! 




 this is the "guard shack" at the back entrance of our muban (not sure where the guard was at the time??). Asher has been making friends with these guys through smiles, a bit of Thai and cold cokes. In the rainy season this area is often flooded with water and they still sit there. 

 Kids in our muban. I think this was friendly play with the dog...but there are some pretty scary ones here. Always good to have a stick on walks. :)

 {our street}

home again home again! Thanks for coming!

5 comments:

  1. Love seeing all the pics of your home & neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Can't wait to take that walk with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful in every way! Makes me look forward to my visit in May even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cool to be able to recognize things! Love you guys!

    -Carita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking us along--looks like a lovely walk! Interesting to see what you see when you take a walk. :)

    ReplyDelete