Monday, August 25, 2008

O Canada, O Minnesota, O North Dakota, eh?

So you want an update, eh?

It's late. And tomorrow is another day on the road. It seems we've had a lot of those days the past two weeks, and sometimes I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs with the younger ones...but it has been great, all in all. (and btw a good boredom-buster is counting the differences between the USA and Canada, well ok...maybe it only takes a minute to think of them...but it helped. The customs officials are always kind of amusing too...but since they looked in our trailer I suppose they were amused as well)

Two weeks ago we left for ND and spent three wonderful days with Uncle Milford & Aunt Joyce and their family.

The first pictures are of FOCIS (Families Of Christ In Service) in MN. We enjoyed fellowship, quality family time, and most of all enjoying the great outdoors!


Family devotions led by Uncle Milford
Of course we couldn't have devotions without munching on some of Aunt Joyces dill pickles :)
Monica & Londa
Kendrick - A fish out of water?
Jerica
The next pictures are of the staff retreat of Northern Youth Programs where Dad was speaker.

Northern Scenery

checking out the plane with Clair Schnupp


Beaver Lake Camp



We've had a lot of fun and have met many neat people. The only thing that weighed heavily on our hearts was Isreal. The judge ordered him to stay behind for visits with his mom. We have missed him so much! His life right now is another story...but like I said...it's late. (and I apologize if this post reflects that!).

So goodnight ya'll! <><

Quote of the Day:

Question: "What is the same in the Canadian national anthem and the American national anthem?"

Answer: "They both begin with "O"

You know you've traveled too long when everyone laughs at that one! (or was I the only one that laughed? Hmm...maybe that's how it was)

6 comments:

  1. good to hear from you. loved the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! great to see what you have been doing the last few days/weeks! Hey, I LOVE the new look you gave your title! Very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll sound like a bunch of Canadians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, glad you like my theme :) It was kind of by accident that the new heading got there - I was playing around, and then couldn't get back to my old one - oh well. My blog layout/theme etc. gives a little hint to my team theme and what I want to communicate to my team at EXCEL :)See you in a little over three weeks! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete