Sometimes I forget - when I'm hurting, that there are people in the world experiencing suffering that is unimaginable to me. And many of those people don't have Jesus as their HOPE - sometimes I forget that I do.
As I grumbled to myself today, going about the humdrum of life, working, slaving away at those mundane little duties - I forgot. Forgot that there are those who gladly walk miles for a bucket of precious water so their family can live one more day.
Sometimes I forget - that the relationships in my life that are difficult and take more work are often the people I cherish and love the most.
When the future is uncertain and I wonder what will become of...well everything - I forget that God always keeps His promises and we have "an expected end".
Oft times I forget - when I groan and gripe about unmet goals, shattered dreams, loneliness, personal wants, and selfish ambition - that there was nothing selfish in that little manger in Bethlehem 2,000 years ago as Jesus left a perfect, holy place, and took upon Himself the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of man.
When I'm discouraged quiet time hasn't been meaningful lately, I've forgotten the amazing gift of a relationship with Jesus.
Sometimes I forget - God's grace, and where I would be without it.
When my "to do list" is overwhelming and I start to panic - I forget that Jesus knows it all, and He will work out what is good and right to Him.
Sometimes I simply forget - to even thank Him for a new day.
Yes, Lord Jesus, the list could go on for my ability to forget is remarkable - please help me to remember. <><
And you forget the Lord your Maker, Who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth; You have feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor...But I am the LORD your God, who divided the sea whose waves roared - The LORD of hosts is His name. And I have put My words in your mouth; I have covered you with the shadow of My hand. Isaiah 51:13,15,16
thank you so much for sharing this from your personal thoughts! Sadly, I think all of us forget some of the most important things in life when we are in the middle of a hard or trying time.... Have a great Labor Day!
ReplyDeletethx for sharing that!! yeah it is so easy to forget! when I'm discouraged it definitely helps me to look back on the past and remember God's faithfulness, and know that that same power is still with us today!
ReplyDeleteThanks teresa, you are an incredible person, and your life is a wonderful shining testimony to those around you! blessings!
Thanks for the reminder I definitly needed that! It was great to talk to you again but we need to do it face to face again:)
ReplyDeletedefinitely need to talk face to face again, Serena! I like it so much better that way!:)
ReplyDelete