Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Possible Impossibility

Doesn't it annoy you when you find a quote but can't remember where? That's my predicament - so I'm sorry I can't give credit to the blog, book, person, etc where I found this. But it's simple:

"God Enjoys the Impossible"
-by some great person :)

That jumped out at me (from wherever it was hiding). I hadn't quite thought of it that way before :) Because honestly - I don't tend to enjoy the things in my life that I deem as impossible. Do you? But not our Magnificent, All-Powerful God! It's not that He likes things because they're impossible - but you guessed it - because the "im" part isn't in His vocabulary.

Wow - I needed that reminder! There are situations in my life that are impossible for me. My little brother Isreal, for one, whose life is chaos, confusion, and just very sad. I could never solve that. The challenge of EXCEL looming around the corner - I know I will get myself into some "impossible with me" situations (the heap of stuff that needs to get into two suitcases also can seem a little impossible at times :). The list could go on. But you get the point. The point is just like Matthew 10:27 states (and I liked it in The Message):

"Jesus was blunt: "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself."

So while I'm dwelling on that - God is enjoying that fact that He gets the rest of the verse:

"Every chance in the world if you let God do it."

He sends us those impossible-to-us-situations so that we can in turn praise and glorify His name! For He enjoys making the impossible -- possible! <><

4 comments:

  1. I think the person you're quoting is Otto Koning, the "Pineapple man". His messages are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could very well be :)Except, I just read it this week, and I don't remember looking at anything He wrote...but maybe someone else quoted him =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thought to ponder. Takes a load off of us when we realize that we don't have to do it all on our own. Wheww! PTL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa! I happened across your blog...it's so good to hear your news! I also read your post about EXCEL. Sounds great! Of course, I had to look at all the pics from EXCEl...that brought back so many memories! :-) I also heard you're going to be a team leader. That's awesome! Prayin for you, lady!
    A fellow EXCEL graduate,
    Marissa Youngman
    p.s. I have a different email addy now. it's music_ismyjoy@yahoo.com
    keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete