Have you ever come to the place in life where you feel you've reached the end? It seems you have exhausted every resource, cried every tear, and failed one too many times.
I've been having some of those days lately. The hurt felt too deep to heal. The knots too tangled to untie. The loneliness almost unbearable. The journey to be more like Jesus seemingly unattainable.
With a heavy heart it was difficult to peer into the light of eternity and see the big picture - the "light at the end of the tunnel" as it were. I hated the hopelessness of it all.
But He never leaves us without hope. In fact, I am learning He never leaves us at all.
He gave hope through the truth in a song I was listening to:
"When I reach the end...you are just beginning. In You alone I find all that I need."
My Sunday school class has been studying the names of God. And one thing I am increasingly discovering about God is that He is far above all that we could ever imagine. We have studied six names so far and are not even scratching the surface of who He is.
As I muttered a pathetic cry for help on one of those horrible days - He was all I needed. The healing, compassionate, friend - who can untie all knots. No matter what tomorrow holds...I cling to the hope that when I have nothing else He is waiting to unlock the secrets of who He is...for He is just beginning. <><
Oh Teresa! What you said about "the journey to know Jesus being seemingly unattainable" is exactly how I feel sometimes! At times, I feel like I've failed so often that it seems impossible to ever achieve a close and intimate walk with God! Thankfully though, God doesn't give up on us, and like you said, it is when we don't know where else to turn, that "He is the beginning!" hugs and prayers, Angie
ReplyDeleteSame here darling... glad to hear you've been going through the names of God. Repeats of EXCEL stuff? I love reading what's on your mind.
ReplyDelete