Lack of posts = Lack of wifi. But who needs wifi?
It has been going good. We got out of Cheyenne without a problem. We now have four programs down and five to go! The churches have been friendly and I have to order more prayer cards...which is awesome because that means children are getting prayed for - and prayer is powerful! Half the family missed Sunday morning due to sickness. But we're recovering.
I had no idea when we decided to "go West" that the country here would be so beautiful! The five cameras in our van have clicked away the miles.
Mostly we've been on the road. Still ten people, Bob, and a trailer. And for those wondering - the tenth person is our cousin, and helper, Frieda. She is very brave to travel 5,000 miles with us. I love having her along! We do things like: laugh, talk, scream, EAT (this is a major problem some of us have), sing 20 verses of Old McDonald, sleep, and take pictures of signs that say things like "Montana, Idaho, Washington, Canada" I think we've pretty much seen snow every day so far - it's exciting to be nearing the coastline.
This morning Austin, Dad, Frieda and I had this marvelous idea to drive 20 miles to the Canadian border. Of course we just saw it. They sold gas by the liter so we asked a man "Is this Canada?"...he looked at us strange.
But I'm getting convinced we are strange. Or more like I'M strange. Traveling does funny things to me. A man in MT told us about their church. "It doesn't have windows," he said. So Teresa (that would be me) thinks, "Wow - what dedication - these people go to great measures to worship. No windows. Doesn't it get cold?" And then of course the next morning I laugh when we pull into the church parking lot and discovered that when he said "no windows" he meant NO windows - like at all. And it was very warm inside. Haha. Yup, I have a twisted mind. But you have to laugh at life.
We are enjoying warm hospitality, meeting new people, and seeing new sights. We are now in Seattle at a motel until Friday morning with only one program Thursday. It will be nice to stay in one place for a bit - and the pool, hot tub, and new city to discover are exciting too!
Once again I post way too late for my brain to think. But once again God has been good and I had to tell you that! There have been moments that have been stressful - but He is teaching...and I'm trying to learn - though I'm a slow learner it seems. Continue in your prayers...
Blessings! <><
A Few Photos:
Ha! I love the local traffic right of way sign! :-) Very epic! Reminds me of the traffic signs we saw in MY that were written in several language; none of them English! What's the point of making a sign that no one understands!
ReplyDelete